These two girlies make me laugh like CRAZY! Yesterday we were eating dinner. Charlotte figured out that spitting her food out forcefully evokes chuckles from her sister. Therefore, the two had a laugh/spitting food festival. I would have intervened, but yesterday was a long, tiring day and I needed to laugh myself. So Charlotte may turn out to be quite the comedian. Apparently her namesake also had a great sense of humor, despite being shy. (Char is named after Stuart's Great-Grandmother).
I'm not sure if I've mentioned, but Alana & I have been working on potty training. It's not going so well. I'm NOT asking for advice (not to be offensive, but don't leave comments telling me what to do. If you can say it to me, then I've already read it in a book or heard it from a friend!). Really, she just doesn't want to. She knows how. She knows what the urges feel like, and if I let her be naked from the waist down she'll usually make it to the potty. But if she's playing...FORGET it! Who wants to stop playing to run to the potty? Not my Girl! I've taken a 6 week break from potty training before, maybe it's time to take one again. One breakthrough I had was realizing ALL children have accidents. Maybe I need to step back and just let her decide when she's ready. But it's killing me, because she is physically ready!! SO frustrating!!
Yesterday Charlotte started rocking back and forth on her hands and knees. I think she'll take off ANY day! It's so fun to notice the difference between my children.
Alana, as I mentioned on Facebook, is not napping much anymore. It's an adjustment, and I'm teaching her to have Quiet Time on the days she doesn't nap.
Anyway, not much else going on here. I'm just enjoying motherhood, and the small amount of time we get to spend with Stuart. Seriously, whoever invented public accounting was dumb. That's all.
1 comment:
You should...
ha ha, totally kidding! I'm glad that potty training is in the very distant future for me! Love those cute girlies!
Oh yeah, Z is already in 3-6 mos clothes...we have another chub in our family!!
Post a Comment